Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

  1. #11
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    I think that the non-elected member will have no effect on the outcome other than voting with the other 4 members who have been for consolidation from the start. BTW, word is out that certain members of this board are going to the next BOS meeting to voice their opinion. It has been mentioned on another forum. Apparently, there is someone feeding information about what is going on with this board to someone else. Not that it is a big secret anyway. This person just feels the need to tell everything that goes on with this forum to another person.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    They may not want to know what is said on this board about them.
    It is just a shame that this consolidation has come to the point it has and still no one has any idea what is going to happen next.
    When you become senile, you won't know it.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    Must be cooking up a batch of pork rinds..........
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  4. #14
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    Sounds very much like a potential violation of the sunshine law to me.

    I don't begrudge Hutchinson, et. al. of being opposed to consolidation. They're obviously voting according to the direction of the wind in their districts. What bugs me is Rivers and his puppets who seem to serve only themselves.

    I've still yet to see a plan better than the original, which called for three new schools. The three schools, one site plan could work, but it wouldn't be ideal.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    I think that the non-elected member will have no effect on the outcome other than voting with the other 4 members who have been for consolidation from the start. BTW, word is out that certain members of this board are going to the next BOS meeting to voice their opinion. It has been mentioned on another forum. Apparently, there is someone feeding information about what is going on with this board to someone else. Not that it is a big secret anyway. This person just feels the need to tell everything that goes on with this forum to another person.
    I responded to that old man. He like many think if you aren't 50 plus and support his agenda you are a lower class citizen than him.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSilentBob View Post
    Sounds very much like a potential violation of the sunshine law to me.

    I don't begrudge Hutchinson, et. al. of being opposed to consolidation. They're obviously voting according to the direction of the wind in their districts. What bugs me is Rivers and his puppets who seem to serve only themselves.

    I've still yet to see a plan better than the original, which called for three new schools. The three schools, one site plan could work, but it wouldn't be ideal.
    Three schools on three neutral sites has always been the best way to go. This would allow for new mascots, locations, school colors, and most importantly improved facilities for our children.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    Three schools on three neutral sites has always been the best way to go. This would allow for new mascots, locations, school colors, and most importantly improved facilities for our children.
    I really wish it would end up that way. too many stupid people for that to happen though and we are going to end up going down some **** road worse than the one we already have.
    Cant we all just get along?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    Three schools on three neutral sites has always been the best way to go. This would allow for new mascots, locations, school colors, and most importantly improved facilities for our children.
    No need in bringing common sense to the equation.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #19
    Inactive Member DieHardSportsGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2007
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    I've tried very hard to keep my thoughts to myself on this matter because I didn't want to come off as sounding like some irrational, hyped up "Dawg til I die" kinda person. However, when I was sitting in the gym at Appalachia High School last night watching a volleyball match it all kinda slapped me in the face. Here I was sitting on the bleachers in the gym I had played many a basketball games in a long time ago and the realization hit me that this may very well be one of the last times I'm in that gym watching the blue & gold and you know what, that sucks.

    Yes, I understand that consolidation must happen and yes I understand that we must do what's best for the children, but it still doesn't make it sting any less when you know that your alma mater is the one that will be closed. In a perfect world we could keep all the schools open, give all the teacher's pay raises for the job they do and forget we ever heard the word consolidation. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world and tough decisions have to be made. I'm all for doing what's best for all involved and quite frankly, at this point I'm just ready for them to do something!
    Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    861
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Board Members Meeting in Appalachia All Day

    Quote Originally Posted by MapleGap View Post
    Heard a really good reliable rumor that Board of Supervisors have been meeting all day long at Appalachia town hall with Fred Luntsford.

    a steady stream of BOS were in and out of the town of Appy office today
    Which was it? meeting all day, or in and out?
    Don't rem. what constitutes illegal... I think it's 3 or more. So if Bob & Tom get together and talk with Fred, then Tom is replaced by John Boy, who's later replaced by Billy, who's later replaced by Sterny, who's later replaced by Robin, no rules have been broken.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •